Explore, expand, and evolve your data systems. Make the most of cloud technology to modernise and transform
DATA GOVERNANCE – THE KEY TO SCALING YOUR DATA
Most companies struggle to capture the enormous potential of their data. Typically, they launch programs to meet the needs of every data end-user or have individual application-development teams set up customised data pipelines that can’t easily be repurposed.
Business needs to figure out how to craft data strategies that deliver value in the near term and at the same time lay the foundations for future data use.
Data governance is more relevant now than ever,
as companies move to data-driven strategies:
GROWING RELIANCE ON DATA GOVERNANCE
Gartner states that to 2025, 80% of organisations seeking to scale digital business will fail because they do not take a modern approach to data and analytics governance.
Despite awareness of the costs of poor quality data, a Decision Inc. survey revealed that the majority of companies believe they are not living up to their data and analytics potential.
regulatory compliance & Governance
Dependence of reporting on data
Dependence of automation on data
Increased focus on trust & security
Move towards open data & Analytics
Commercialise data & Analytics
WHAT IS DATA GOVERNANCE?
Data Governance involves control and organisation of data in a way that gives peace of mind to executives and business users.
OUR IMMERSIVE APPROACH TO DATA GOVERNANCE
Our approach to Data Governance helps companies scale their data programs rapidly.
The Data Governance Accelerator is a program that drives alignment across the business and enables progress to be made quickly.
Through our immersive approach,
we help you accelerate your data governance in 3 practical steps:
Identify Key Concerns & Critical Data
- Our Scan and Prioritise process leverages experiences over the last 15 years of data practices to enable clients to unpack the current environment and establish the baseline for the ‘As Is’ State. This process leverages experiences over the last 15 years of data practices to enable clients to unpack the current environment and establish the baseline for the ‘As Is’ State
Actions: Perform a Data Quality Assessment
Outcomes: Defined Scope and Methodology
Develop & Deploy
- Establish a technology capability to manage and scale the capability across the business. Determine the technology best suited for your key issues.
Actions: Determine The Technology and Processes
Outcomes: Developed and Deployed Tools and Processes
Develop Repeatable Model & Enable Workforce
- Build scalable processes and approaches that the organisation can leverage to run a best practice environment.
Actions: Workshops and Material to Up-skill and Define Roles
Outcomes: Empowered Team to Continue the Process
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORY
A success story with a leading financial service provider in South Africa
One of the leading financial service providers within South Africa had challenges with:
• Data quality
• Data inconsistencies
• Direct impact on the accuracy and completeness of reporting
• Multiple transactional systems
• Formalised data strategy
THE SOLUTION AND VALUE
Decision Inc. developed and implemented a data quality strategy to support the client in improving their data capability.
• A data quality dashboard to profile the transactional data
• Informed the data cleansing process
• Monitor improvements in the data
• Drill into details of owners to maintain accountability