Plan, Analyse, Predict and Report
with SAP Analytics Cloud
Today’s Finance Analytics Landscape
In today’s digital economy, organisations must be able to act in the moment enabled by extending plans across the business in order to make confident decisions in serving their customers and outperform the competition.
Companies struggle with their planning due to many reasons: disparate systems, inability to harvest insights from big data, and inconsistent modelling and planning. Many organisations also still use spreadsheets for planning and reporting.
Many Organisations Still Use Spreadsheets
50% of companies
are still using spreadsheets as their
primary budgeting and planning technology
73% of companies
use spreadsheets during planning
and forecasting processes
SAP Analytics Cloud Benefits
Empower agile decision making with integrated planning and analysis
- Get immediate insights to take action in one seamless user experience
- Leverage advanced analytics and scenario modeling without any IT intervention
- Automatically generate plans from predictions
Identify your most valuable data and unlock unique insights
- Use the full capabilities of SAP data and provide analytics to the point of decision
- Leverage pre-packaged best practices to fast-track deployments for your function
- Shorten planning cycles and increase stakeholder productivity
Enable cutting-edge analytics with a comprehensive and integrated solution
- Leverage the power of power of machine learning to automate data driven decision making
- Create tailored analytics apps quickly to meet unique business needs
- Work with SAP partners to tailor the solution to your exact needs
Take the next step and get started with SAP Analytics Cloud
Driver Based Planning
Bring plan and budget drivers together for accurate results
Value Driver Tree
Run unlimited simulations comparing changes in drivers and assumptions against actuals for better analysis
Source drivers directly from SAP S/4HANA or other ERP for insights into cost structure, impact on P&L,and margin
Leverage allocation functionality to assign indirect costs seamlessly for a better understanding of cost on activities
Model situations immediately and on the fly
Create plans in a sandbox environment to perform what-if analysis to simulate the best possible outcomes
Business User Managed
Create multiple scenario plans with ease and without the need for IT or admin intervention
Form teams to review public or private versions and discuss results immediately with a discussionfunction
Drive efficient resource allocation for profitable growth
Discuss new/existing revenue and cost items directly within budget templates and build consensus
Flexible Data Entry
Add or edit dimension members immediately on budget input sheets to reflect the most recent plan scenarios
Augment budgets with real-time dashboards, analytics, and predictions to drive the best decisions
International Food Wholesale Manufacturer Leverages SAP Analytics Cloud
for Integrated Planning Solution
We empowered the business with a
single source of truth allowing
for speed to insights.
The Business Problem
Data for planning was managed through many, manually maintained, disparate MS Excel models.
The consolidated view was also managed manually through Excel. There was no way to get an interim view of the planning process as the consolidation excel file was taking a very long time. In addition, different parts of the business are using different combinations of spreadsheets and tools with inconsistent planning philosophies and varying degrees of granularity.
The Solution and Value
Decision Inc. assisted International Food Wholesale Manufacturer in designing and implementing an Integrated Business Planning solution that combines Forecasting, Budgeting, and Strategic planning.
The solution enables the planners to use information from different areas of the solution such as volume driving costs and human resources by cost centre. As well as having detailed integration between volume, prices, revenue and costs of goods sold. With all the planning requirements from the client, SAP Analytics Cloud was chosen to meet the requirements.
The system allows for the delivery of timely reporting at a granular and high-level while meeting various stakeholders’ needs. It also enables the delivery of more frequent forecasting and quicker iterations of the budget
- Reduce the number of systems, bespoke tools, and excel based working files used to compile plan data
- Provide a single source of truth/single platform for the preparation and reporting of plan data with the ability to provide early insights during preparation and the opportunity to move to monthly forecasting
- Improve accountability and transparency throughout the planning process
- Reduction of forecasting processing time by 60%+
Global retailer enables Intelligent Planning and Forecasting
We enabled transparency of data
throughout the business and
automated scenario modelling.
The Business Problem
A leading global retailer needed to improve their forecast accuracy and ability to manage its forecasting more efficiently.
With the everchanging technology challenges arising, the global retailer had outdated forecasting methods which entailed making use of various disparate systems like Microsoft Excel and various non-SAP source systems. It was time-consuming to merge data manually into one platform, while also not having access to historical data. The retailer thus had no transparency of data throughout the business.
The Solution and Value
Decision Inc. assisted the global retailer in realising better forecasting by implementing a solution that offers centralised planning.
The solution enables the aligning of the merchandise and financial planning, as well as improving respective planning cycles. With all the planning and reporting requirements from the global retailer, SAP Analytics Cloud was the preferred technology to implement a new way of managing their XP&A Ecosystem.
The system allows for the delivery of timely reporting at a granular and high-level while meeting various stakeholders’ needs. It also enables the delivery of more frequent forecasting with scenario-based outcomes. The solution is ideal for the retailer as it is tailored to the unique business requirements of their different brands/businesses.
The SAC solution has now helped the global retailer reap the following benefits:
- All business stakeholders have visibility into the right insights at the right time
- Resulting in faster and better decision-making to better serve their clients
- The business can view variations of what-if scenarios
- The integration from source systems allows the business to focus on analysing results more frequently to update their forecasts