Quick-Fire Q&A with
Nicholas Bell, Group CEO, Decision Inc.
Entrepreneur and CEO of Decision Inc., Nicholas Bell, dreamt of building a billion-rand business from a young age. He launched Decision Inc. in 2008 and by the age of 30, he was running a R100-million business.
Nicholas is responsible for driving the strategic and operational vision of the company.
- Describe your leadership style.
I think it’s quite visionary and direct. I like to lead from the front and work with my team.
- Your top tip to beat procrastination?
Set yourself deadlines and tell someone – forces you to stick to it.
- Favourite getaway destination?
Kruger National Park or anywhere in the bush.
- Who or what inspires you?
My son is phenomenally good at connecting to and making people happy.
- He inspires me to be more focused and aware of the power of connecting personally to everyone.
- Your one wish for South Africa?
That we develop an accountability in our leaders for our people.
- If you could have any 3 people over for dinner, who would they be and what would you serve?
Nelson Mandela, Tiger Woods and Richard Branson. I would serve a lekker potjie.
8. What five pieces of advice would you give to aspiring young business starters?
- Don’t be afraid to give your idea a chance to succeed.
- You have to be the hardest worker in your business, especially in the beginning.
- Surround yourself with people that are excited about the idea of your business.
- Focus on understanding your customer deeply.
- Stay out in the front line for as long as is possible.
9. What is the one thing most people don’t know about you?
I have played lead guitar since I was 7.
10. What would you do with an extra hour in your day?