Factory of the Future: Achieving Digital Excellence in Manufacturing, Today
Keep pace with the rapid changes of Industry 4.0
Far from just a concept based on longstanding aspirations of Industry 4.0, the factory of the future means going beyond the walls of production to optimise digital operations and transform the entire connected manufacturing ecosystem.
Where we once imagined a factory focused on the digital, robot-driven production floor, reality has transcended the factory floor to include the entire manufacturing ecosystem—connecting employees, processes, machines, data, and customers— far beyond what was once envisioned.
Among enterprise manufacturers, 87 percent say they have at least one IoT project in the learning, proof of concept, purchase, or use phase.1 And manufacturers who have implemented smart factories are seeing 17-20% productivity gains.
The “factory of the future” does involve machines, products, and factories. But contrary to past fears of automation and robots replacing people, the factory of the future is empowering people, including:
- Manufacturing business leaders using data from hyperconnected networks to develop customized, meaningful products and services
- Factory workers using continuous insights to predict and prevent machine failures and improve operational effectiveness
- Customers providing real-time usage data and experiential sentiment to inform how manufacturers innovate to support valuable experiences
Solve your pressing manufacturing issues with tools that transform the connected manufacturing ecosystem. With Industry 4.0, the rise of automation and data exchange in manufacturing, technology has transcended the factory floor and now includes the entire manufacturing process. Gain the ability to automate these transactions across thousands of machines and countless miles is transformational for this industry.
Explore how to optimise your digital operations with business solutions for intelligent factories.
Read this e-book “Achieving Digital Excellence in Manufacturing” to learn how to:
- Make data-driven decisions and keep pace with industry changes by empowering your business.
- Improve operational efficiency by connecting employees to continuous insights and mixed reality tools.
- Exceed customer expectations by designing processes built around customer usage and satisfaction.
Get Your E-Book