Who We Need – Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Engineer to join our Data, Information, and Analytics team as a client-facing, permanently employed consultant. Someone who is passionate about data and implementing technology solutions and leading project teams to achieve business outcomes. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
Who are we?
Decision Inc. is a management and technology consulting organisation. The Company’s foundation is built in technology; however, what makes us unique is our understanding of how to unleash the potential locked in our clients’ business and their people. We help companies to run better, grow faster, and change what they do.
We represent the following leading global technology brands and are experts in the implementation, support, and execution of these technologies: SAP, Qlik, Microsoft, Alteryx, and Adaptive Insights.
See more about our exciting fast-paced culture: Careers at Decision Inc.
What Will You Do as the Data Engineer?
Key Responsibility of the Data Engineer:
You will be assigned a portfolio of projects to:
• Engage with clients to conceptualise data solutions
• Modernising existing data environment
• Assisting our sales team with Pre-Sales and POC’s
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to our junior and intermediate consultants
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Key Performance Indicators:
This role will be measured on the following:
• Client satisfaction score aggregated over projects relating to
o Projects delivered right the first time
o Projects delivered on time and within budget
• Overall delivery quality of the consulting team
• Successful completion and outcome of technical reviews for consulting team, with moderation/spot checks by management
• Innovation in new technologies
Who Do You Need to Be to Apply as a Data Engineer?
• Minimum 5 years working experience in data engineering
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data structures.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Strong project management and organisational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
• Microsoft Qualifications
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Data & Analytics (Advantageous)
• SQL Server 2016 or later
o SQL Database Development
o SQL Database Administration
o SQL BI Development
• BI Reporting (PowerBI, QlikSense, Tableau)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Advantageous)
• Data Management & Analytics
Microsoft Azure Certifications (Advantageous)
• Azure Data Engineer
Experience in working with the following technologies:
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Complete technical reviews for consultants
• Assist with necessary technical training for consultants and clients
• Provide input into consultant’s technical growth plan
• Drive technical blogs, forums, and/or workshops
• Assists support desk where applicable
• Balance team support responsibilities with billable work, depending on capacity and utilisation
– SSIS SSAS
• Microsoft Azure
– Data Factory
– Azure SQL
– Cosmos DB
– Azure Machine Learning
• Microsoft Power BI