Who We Need – Business Intelligence Consultant
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our Data, Information, and Analytics team as a client-facing, permanently employed consultant. Good communication and collaboration skills are therefore a must, as well as great technical ability, statistical ability, and a passion to convert data into thought provoking visual information. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
Who are we?
Decision Inc. is a management and technology consulting organization. The Company’s foundation is built in technology; however, what makes us unique is our understanding of how to unleash the potential locked in our clients’ business and their people. We help companies to run better, grow faster and change what they do.
We represent the following leading global technology brands and are experts in the implementation, support and execution of these technologies: SAP, QlikView, Microsoft, Alteryx and Adaptive Insights.
See more about our exciting fast-paced culture: Careers at Decision Inc.
What Will You Do?
• Identify and develop cutting edge and innovative technology solutions to enable better decision making for our customers
• Participate in analysis and design sessions – work with business analysts to determine the best fit solution for our clients
• Understanding of defined business and user requirements and ability to migrate requirements to any/all of the following solutions: Qlik, Tableau or PowerBI
• Ability to understand the challenge and find solutions within the BI environment including extensions
• Deliver the complete BI solution with the consulting team
• Delve for insights in client data and processes to help improve their businesses
• Communicate progress with client and project teams
• Produce technical and user documentation
• Data warehouse and ETL development and maintenance
• Design, development and implementation of reporting and dash boarding
• Implementation of specifications, from provided specifications and customer requirements
• Data Staging and general support relative to Reports, Cube and Data Warehouse
• Creating and maintaining detailed documentation for processes and procedures required
Who Do You Need to Be?
• Relevant Degree e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems
• At least 3-5 years’ experience
• Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
• Microsoft or QlikView Certified (advantageous)
• Experienced in either Qlik / Microsoft BI stack/ Tableau / Alteryx or general ETL tools
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in data integration (script writing)
• Data model designing (Back End design)
• Experience in Application Integration (Front End)
• Experienced in implementing BI tools for requirements and utilizing various sources
• Consulting experience
• The willingness to be cross-skilled into multiple other BI tools
• Good understanding of data warehousing and analytical methodologies and solution delivery
• Strong problem solving skills and good communication skills, both written and verbal – Explaining technical concepts to business people in a language they understand, and business requirements to technical people
• Ability to work within a team and effective planning and organizational skills
• Eagerness and willingness to learn – a positive attitude is everything!